This is the recording of a talk I gave in December 2020, during the PhD Introduction Evening at the University of Tartu. The slides of the presentation are also available here. While below your can find the list of named books, references, and resources. Some of which are also linked in this blog post.
- Alone Together
- Thinking Fast and Slow
- The Biggest Bluff by Maria Konnikova
- Range by David Epstein
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Principles Life and Work
- The Public Professor
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr.
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas S. Kuhn
- So Good they Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- How to have a bad career in acadademia
- The Matrix
- The Road not Taken, Robert Frost
- PhDs: the tortuous truth