Recommended Resources for PhD Students
This page includes some resources that I found during my PhD and right after. These resources helped me find my way through various obstacles that the PhD, as a journey, presents.
- So Good they Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas S. Kuhn
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr.
- Range by David Epstein
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- The Biggest Bluff by Maria Konnikova
- Richard Hamming’s You and Your Research
- Christo Lute’s You and Your Research
- A survival guide to PhD by Andrej Karpathy
- Principles of Effective Research By Michael A. Nielsen
How to have a bad career in acadademia
- Finding Forrester
- Molly’s Game
- The Matrix